Welcome to Rossiter Stretching Level 3, Speed, Agility and Consistency
This intermediate course introduces more new stretches and new techniques for incorporating them into even quicker solutions for your clients.
1. Review the structure and concepts of connective tissue and how to maximize fascial release with Rossiter Stretches utilizing the Gold Spot. Learn a new concept to increase power in the stretches by using opposite side foot (OSF) where appropriate.
2. Participants will learn and practice: 28 new more powerful and specific Rossiter Stretches using their feet in a safe, consistent, recordable manner.
3. Learn new side-lying Rossiter Stretches including use of stands for proper body mechanics, and how to direct clients for their correct body alignment in new side-lying stretches.
4. Learn new prone Rossiter Stretches for shoulder blades.
5. Participants will practice good body mechanics and appropriate use of tools (stands and poles) for safe application of Rossiter Stretches.
6. Learn to direct your clients through their own progressive freestyle movement during the techniques.
7. Review contraindications relative to the stretches introduced in Level 3, especially with discussion of tissue response to cortisone injections and implications for a session of Rossiter Stretching.
8. Discuss an effective client-specific program based on observation, open-ended questions and client medical history and fitness level.
9. Develop a coaching pattern for each stretch to help clients through each technique.
Levels 1 & 2
Course Hours – 16 hrs.
Materials: All materials are provided for use during this training. Please bring your stands, if possible.
What’s NOT included in course fees: the minimal equipment you’ll need in your practice. The techniques learned in this class require an additional set of 2 small and 1 large stand. Stands are available for purchase in class.
What to bring: clean socks, a notebook and pen, water, and snacks.
What to Wear: Wear loose comfortable clothing in layers if you run hot/cold
Covid Procedures: Covid risk survey and temperature reading required prior to class entry. Masks are required at all times. Social distancing observed during lecture periods. Practice stations for pairs appropriately distanced. Updated to the current regulations required by the local government at the time of class and location.
Location: Class will be held in North Seattle/Lynnwood Metro area. Specific location subject to change.
Your Rossiter Stretching Class Instructor is Valerie Lescantz LMT, Advanced Rossiter Stretching Coach and Instructor. Ms. Lescantz has studied Rossiter Stretching extensively – learning directly from Richard Rossiter, Creator of the Rossiter Stretching modality.
Looking into Future: – Beyond Level 3:
Each Level 1, 2, 3 & 4 course brings new techniques, and is designed to get you progressively farther into the connective tissue work of Rossiter Stretching. These levels are designed to make you – the Coach – more effective, able to work at getting rid of pain more quickly. We aim to help you become an expert Rossiter Stretching Coach! You must successfully complete each previous Level before taking a subsequent class.
Level 4 More Specific – More Precise Advanced Course. Learn specific, precise techniques as you dive down to the most powerful essence of Rossiter Stretching to get your work done safely, quickly, and efficiently.
Classes are staggered throughout the year, providing two differently timed tracks to complete all Rossiter Stretching Levels 1 – 4 in 2022.