Welcome to The Rossiter Stretching – fast, effective, simple skills that help your clients without causing any discomfort on your body!
This course represents Rossiter Stretching Level 1 and teaches you the foundation, the protocols that keep the client and the coach safe as you practice your new skills.
In Level 1, you’ll learn targeted techniques for major pain and mobility symptoms: headaches, shoulder, neck, arm, elbow, and hand pain including carpal tunnel syndrome, low back pain/sciatica, hip, knee and foot pain including plantar fasciitis. Pain is information. Use that information to unlock the connective tissue system and get marked results for your clients. By “making space” with Rossiter Stretching techniques, you’ll improve your client’s symptoms of muscle and joint pain, helps speed injury recovery, increases mobility, and decrease stiffness.
Coaches execute Rossiter Stretching techniques with the weight of their body and warmth of their foot. This makes Rossiter literally easy as standing and communicating while keeping your client moving slowly and deliberately. Rossiter System’s powerful two-person team-powered approach utilizes both the Coach’s AND the client’s problem-solving resources. Each Rossiter Stretching session is customized on the client’s information; the client precisely targets the session for their body.
This Level 1 foundation class teaches students to:
1. Identify the structure and concepts of connective tissue and how it relates to the underlying principles of the Rossiter Stretching system.
2. Understand the contraindications and cautions of Rossiter Stretching.
3. Execute and properly practice the basic stretches of level 1 Rossiter Stretching in a safe, consistent, recordable manner and thereby improving client flexibility, mobility and decreasing their structural pain.
4. Know and practice safe use of the Rossiter Stretching tools, (chair, stands and poles.)
5. Learn coaching pattern for each stretch to help clients through each technique.
6. Learn to develop effective client-specific sessions based on client medical history, fitness level, open-ended questions, and observation of the client.
18 years of age, working knowledge of basic human anatomy
Course Hours: 16 hours
Materials: All materials are provided for use during this training.
What’s NOT included in course fees: the minimal equipment you’ll need in your practice (wood stands, mat, chairs and/or balance poles/bell tips). Stands and bell tips are available for purchase in class.
What to bring: clean socks, a notebook and pen, water, and snacks.
What to wear: Wear loose comfortable clothing in layers if you run hot/cold
Covid procedures updated to the current regulations required by the local government at the time of class and location, most recently: Covid risk survey and temperature reading required prior to class entry. Masks are required at all times. Social distancing observed during lecture periods. Practice stations for pairs appropriately distanced.
Location: Class will be held in North Seattle/Lynnwood Metro area. Specific location subject to change.
Your Rossiter Stretching Class Instructor is Valerie Lescantz LMT, Advanced Rossiter Stretching Coach and Instructor. Ms. Lescantz has studied Rossiter Stretching extensively – learning directly from Richard Rossiter, Creator of the Rossiter Stretching modality.